5 things, BAM! lasganga!
Beef lasagna:
(15 minutes prep, 35 minutes bake)Stuff you need to buy:
1.Ground Beef (as lean as you can get it) where’s the beef?? I tried it with ground turkey, but it wasn’t as good.I like meat, but you can substitute meat with cooked spinach, veggie medley or other protein of your choice
2. Mozzarella part skim (1 bag pre shredded, or you can be fancy and shred your own)
3. Ricotta (whole, part skim, skim, whatever. Buy the smaller one, you don’t need much)
4. Spaghetti sauce jars x2 (Newman’s Own Tomato Basil Bombolina is the best, and it has a cute picture on the front. Go ahead, judge a pasta sauce by it's cover..
you can try to use one jar, but I like mine saucy. Or you can make your own
5. No boil lasagna noodles (I didn’t even know they made these. They are a miracle. They come flat or with ripples. Whichever ones you want. I like the flat ones. Or you can buy the regular ones that need to be boiled, but that is a waste of time.
Stuff you should already have:
9inch pan
Pam! or other non stick spray (olive oil flavored for Italia!!)
baking pan with 1 inch sides
foil
Steps.:1. Turn on oven (take those unused pots and pans out first ) to 350 degrees
2. Take your 9 inch pan and brown and drain the meat (10 minutes) If you decided to be fancy and buy the lasagna noodles that have to be boiled, you’d better be coking those now.
3. Spray the baking pan with pam.
4. Layer in your 5 ingredients like this (5 minutes):
Sauce (on the bottom of the pan), noodle, meat, Dots of ricotta, 1/4th of the mozzarella
1/4th of the sauce, noodle, meat… etc.
when you reach the last layer do noodle, sauce, noodle, sauce, mozzarella… (a bunch to cover the top)
Hint: because it is magic, the "no boil lasagna noodles" soak up the moisture from the sauce to not be hard (oh! that's how that works!!) Make sure every inch of the noodle is covered in sauce and then some to keep the lasagna from being too dry, thus I use 1.5 jars. You cannot do that with regular lasagna noodles (well you can.. but it is not recommended)
5. Then spray the foil with more pam and cover the whole concoction with it (this mysteriously keeps the top cheese from burning.
6. Bake for 20minutes
7. Then take the foil off and bake for 15 more minutes (or until the cheese looks pretty on the top)
Done.
I usually make a big pan, eat what I want the first day, then put it in the fridge. The next day, I cut it up and wrap it in individual foil packets and put them in the freezer. I take it out of the freezer in the am and it is thawed enough to nuke for 90 seconds when I get home from work. It is a nice surprise when you are broke and at the end of the pay cycle and find a brick of lasagna in the freezer! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment